Feb 20, 2010

Independence

Hello all, How una dey? keeping on well? School has started so I am always tired but I just hang in there.

Now to the main tori for today..Women what does being independent mean to you? I know many will say I have my own money to buy whatever I want, take care of myself and don't need a man to do it for me. Correct! BUT that is half of the work o! Some women out there are so needy I wonder how any man can deal with that. Some girls use that friendship thing to ride the hell out of you all in the name of friendship!

Being independent isn't only when you buy yourself things but when you do things on your own. Figure it out yourself and get it done! Don't sit around looking for who to fix your bulb for you or tell you when your oil change is due; keep an eye on it and take it to the people who do it and pay them to get it done. Some folks don't even know how to take care of a car they drive around but rather spend that money on shoes only to wake you up at 6am looking for a ride when the car refuses to start; something that could have been easily solved by getting that oil changed in a car when it due.

A man can tell from a mile when you don't even need him. You don't need to broadcast it for anyone that "Oh I have my own money" Dude already knows what time it is! He wants to know that if he leaves you at home with the children that you would be able to handle things. A man wants a woman who can take care of herself and I ain't talking about looking or smelling good!

I am a very independent woman but I will not say no when help is offered to me and I need it. Hell I won't even say no if you offer to buy me dinner infact I sometimes expect a man who says he's interested in me to take me out. I will take your gifts and give you the hug that comes along with it. Dash you ribs proper! I also won't find it funny if you're always saying " let's go home so I can cook for you"

Basically I'm saying independence is a thing of the mind and attitude. Yes you can afford your own "ferragamos" but cannot put the new bulb you just got? or always looking for who to do one thing or another for you? E no good. Abi I lie? Wetin una think? I really want to hear what the men think about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nyc one. U absolutly right. And i like ur pic.

Anonymous said...

you are right omopretty.. really love this